Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Adult Banana Split


I like banana splits but they are a bit much for one person.  Here is a nice version that's just right for one.  I have two ice creams made:

Vanilla Ice Cream

1 cup milk
2 cups whipping cream
3/4 cup sugar
1-3 tsp Vanilla or 1 Vanilla bean

Blend and pour into ice cream maker.

Extra Dark Chocolate Ice Cream

1 cup milk
2 cups whipping cream
7/8 cup sugar
3/4 cup coco powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Blend and pour into ice cream maker.

I cut the banana in half, then each half in half lengthwise so we only had to  eat half a banana each.  I put two scoops of Vanilla and one scoop chocolate, sprinkled some salted almonds for crunch and with a potato peeler I shaved some extra dark chocolate over everything.

I was just told I should have chopped up the almonds and drizzled a little maple syrup over the ice cream, I'l try that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment