Thursday, September 20, 2012

Ling Cod Fillet 2


I put my potatoes in a pot on the stove and got the carrots and broccoli ready for the steamer. I wanted to do the fish completely differently tonight.  I started with whole wheat flour and added some cumin, onion powder, paprika, salt and mixed pepper in a plastic bag.  I shook each piece of fish to coat evenly   and placed in hot oil in a frying pan. The fillets were thick so it took about 4 minutes a side.

The sauce was a tablespoon of white flour, some oil and butter with the flour taste cooked off.  To that I added chicken stock, juice of half a lemon, a couple of chopped garlic cloves and a pinch of salt. In hindsight it would have been better to sweat the garlic in the butter then make the sauce in that, next time.  When the vegetables were done I ran cold water over them to stop cooking and put them aside.  Once the fish was done I put it on warm plates to rest while I finished the vegetables in butter and xv olive oil over low heat.

I plated the potatoes and vegetables and poured sauce over the fish and a little on the vegetables. The fish was delicious, I'd definitely do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment