Saturday, September 15, 2012

Rosemary and Thyme Chicken



Dinner was the two remaining breasts from the four I bought earlier.  All my spice rub containers were empty and I really felt it was time for something different.  We're still doing canning so dinners are quick and don't take a lot of space to prepare. I did the rice in the microwave and the vegetables in the steamer.  The chicken I pounded flat and seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika and fresh garlic, rosemary and thyme. I sprayed both sides with oil and put them on the BBQ.  The breasts got 2 minutes, rotate, 2 minutes, turn over, 2 minutes, rotate, 2 minutes and they're done with nice grill marks.

When the vegetables were done I ran them under cold water to stop cooking.  I seasoned them with salt and pepper and added a pad of butter and some xv olive oil.  I turned the heat up to medium high and when the breasts were done I put the vegetables back on the hot burner to warm up in the oil and butter. This little extra attention to the vegetables brings so much extra flavor it's worth doing even for frozen peas.  Not only taste but doneness too.  Reaching for the steamer instead of the microwave bowl is about all the extra work it entails, it just seems like more at first.

I had this meal on the table in about 40 minutes and I didn't break into a sweat. So it's something anyone could push out without much trouble and it tastes great!



No comments:

Post a Comment