Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Prawn Crab Edam Pasta



Ice cream making was running late and dinner had to be on time. My partner suggested prawns and pasta in a cheese sauce as it's quick and easy to make.  He doesn't like cheese sauce as much as I do so when he asks for it I jump at the chance. I still had to go to the store so I picked up some imitation crab to lift the flavor a bit higher and I also got some fresh pasta too. So this meal amounts to boil some water and make a cheese sauce. It doesn't get much easier than that. I put a pot of water on to boil.

I put some frozen peas in the microwave to cook and diced up an onion and green pepper. I sweated the onion to translucent then put in crushed garlic followed by the prawns.When the prawns were done I took everything out of the pan and sweated the green pepper and removed it from the pan.  I put 2 tablespoons of flour in the pan and I added enough oil to make a smooth paste. I cooked the flour taste off but not enough to brown the flour. I put about half an ounce of chicken stock in to give some base flavor and then added milk, stirring to prevent lumping. When the milk was hot I added thinly sliced Edam cheese.  As it melted and made the sauce thicker I added more milk. Once it was hot I added all the ingredients and put fresh pasta in the water to cook.  3 to 4 minutes later I drained the pasta, plated it and poured sauce over top.  Dinner is Ready!




No comments:

Post a Comment