Friday, September 21, 2012

Ginger Chicken with a cold


We both have colds so we needed sustenance, what's easy? Rice. I have a rice button on my microwave that senses when the rice is done. I love it. It also has a button for fresh or frozen vegetables which I'm weaning myself off onto the steamer. In my weakened condition I microwaved the frozen peas together with the fresh carrots. (at least one was fresh!) The chicken I just pounded to double in size and painted with a mixture of soy sauce, ginger powder, mixed ground pepper and oil. Then I BBQ'd them on medium heat for 2 minutes, rotate, 2 minutes, turn over, 2 minutes, rotate, 2 minutes and they're done. Then I just threw it all on the plate. After the photo I put some soy sauce on my rice. It was a nice meal considering how rotten I feel. I made stock out of the chicken bones so tomorrow I'll make chicken soup.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment