Thursday, September 6, 2012

Southwest Chicken with beans, carrots and potatoes



I pounded out the chicken breasts again.  These must have come from monster chickens as they are simply huge.  That one was pounded considerably and was still almost an inch thick. It was good anyway, I used my Southwest Rub and BBQ'd it.


Southwest Spice Rub

2 tbsp  chili powder
2 tbsp paprika
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp  brown sugar
2 tsp Mexican oregano (I used Golden Oregano, use what you have)
1 tsp granulated garlic
2 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp cayenne (optional, but it really helps)



I could have had pretty potatoes if I plated them and then put butter on them, but didn't think of it. My vegetables are finally something to write about.  I have been using the steamer to cook the vegetables then running them under cold water to stop cooking.  Then I use the steamer pot to finish the vegetables in butter and xv olive oil when everything else is ready. It turns out to be much easier to cook the vegetables early in meal preparation and finish them while plating, they come out perfect every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment